- Be a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty or an eligible spouse or dependent of such a member, or a U.S.
citizen temporarily residing outside the U.S., or other U.S. citizen residing outside the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Reside in Minnesota or have resided in Minnesota for at least 20 days immediately prior to your departure from the United States. Or, if you have never resided in the U.S., a parent resided in Minnesota for at least 20 days immediately prior to their departure from the U.S.
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law, or if so, have voting rights reinstated
- Not register, request a ballot, or vote in any other jurisdiction in the U.S.