- Be a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty or an eligible spouse or dependent of such a member, or a U.S.
citizen temporarily residing outside the U.S., or other U.S. citizen residing outside the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Reside in Minnesota or have resided in Minnesota for at least 20 days immediately prior to your departure from the United States
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law, or if so, have voting rights reinstated
- Not register, request a ballot, or vote in any other jurisdiction in the U.S.